“Loyal customers, they don’t just come back, they don’t simply recommend you, they insist that their friends do business with you.” – Chip Bell
Chip’s above description of a loyal customer is what every e-commerce store dreams of. But they don’t come easily. With e-commerce giants like Amazon, Homedepot, and Walmart, getting customers is hard, let alone loyal ones.
While we acknowledge it’s a jungle out there, there’s still a beam of light at the end of the tunnel. The world is a global village, so every e-store should get its share of customers. And you can make them loyal too.
If your store is based on the WooCommerce platform, the WooCommerce Points and rewards plugin can demystify the ‘loyal customer’ myth, ensuring you have more repeat customers than you can count.
Benefits of the WooCommerce Points and Rewards Plugins
Are you still thinking about how these points and rewards plugins would help your e-commerce store? You’re not alone – a lot of other entrepreneurs felt this way too.
Below are some of the possible gains of applying the WooCommerce Points and rewards plugin to your WooCommerce-based store:
This is a given, really. By ‘loyalizing’ customers, they would always buy from you. The outcome, of course, would be more sales. Any customer, keen on incentives, is likely going to make a purchase and more, if your reward system is efficient.
The customer becomes your brand promoter
Chip’s assertion earlier explains this benefit. Loyal customers go beyond just buying from your store, they promote your business, ensuring friends and anyone around them does the same. The WooCommerce points and reward plugin helps offer rewards to customers that show loyalty to your business by their actions.
The problem with many loyalty schemes is their scatter-gun approach. With the disorderliness of the whole setup, customers tend to lose interest. Luckily, the average WooCommerce points and reward plugin ensures the loyalty offering of your plan has some semblance of sanity. But the impressiveness of the arrangement will depend on the plugin developer, so choose wisely.
Best Premium WooCommerce Points and Rewards Plugins
With everyone seeking loyal customers primarily on the WooCommerce platform, the points and rewards plugins market is bursting at the seams as more developers create plugins to help stores on the platform. This brings up the need to pick the best. Here’s our compilation of some outstanding WooCommerce points and rewards plugins.
This plugin awards points for every step the customer takes in the journey to making a purchase. With such an approach, the possibility of a sale is high, depending on how exciting the reward is to the customer.
With this plugin, you can avoid the disorderliness that has bedeviled many loyalty schemes. You have more control over the reward application and the customer experience associated with it.
- Control the point potential for every action taken by the customer
- Decide how the points are redeemed
- Make changes to the point total of each customer
- Assess the alterations made for points accrued for actions
- Loyalty program is easy to manage
- You can customize the messages displayed.
Unlike the previous plugin considered, this YITH variant helps you to cater to the whims of customers such that those that are unlikely to benefit from an only-points setup are equally rewarded.
It’s worth emphasizing that this isn’t a total jettisoning of the points system. Discounts for one-off customers help them consider pledging their loyalty to your store.
If you feel specific customers aren’t interested in rewards, you can always remove them from the picture – this YITH plugin makes this possible.
- Adjust the reward system based on the user
- Manual alteration of points is possible
- Have members of your team edit on your behalf
- Decide the specific tasks that get rewarded
- Attach expiration period for points accrued
- Has an arrangement that caters to different customers
- Keep users informed on the points obtained and the expiration period, which can trigger their hidden spendthrift capability.
Price: Free and € 89,99
This Flycart plugin reduces the ambiguity of the reward system by streamlining the process – users get rewarded for value-adding actions.
With this plugin, you can decide the rate of conversion of points earned by users into tangible gains. This will ensure no one feels shortchanged in the loyalty program.
- Adjustable conversion rate of points into reward
- Customizable expiration of points earned
- Partial/full transformation of points into reward is possible
- Custom filter that shows the performance of the loyalty scheme
- A distinct segment for trailing the activities of customers
- You can follow the behavioral actions of customers toward identifying what could be improved
- You have total control of the conversion rate for the points
- Comes with a refer-a-friend option so loyal customers can bring their friends on board
- Get customers to share their thoughts regarding your product by offering a reward
Though rich in features, there’s a measurable amount of entropy in the reward system offered by this plugin. Yes, you will get more functionality for your license fee, but at what cost?
We have nothing against SUMO as it has incredible features you won’t find anywhere, such as the social promotion reward, member send point, import/export of points, and others.
- Equipped with the social promotion addition
- Users can send points to others
- Manage point adjustment and reward mechanism
- Different levels to the point reward
- Import/export points for different users in a CSV
- Users can be banned from participating based on evidence garnered
- Social promoting could grow your business beyond imagination
- Refer a friend allows customers to get rewarded for getting friends involved and much more
- Gift vouchers are giving to loyal customers so others can act accordingly
WooCommerce Ultimate Points And Rewards
This is another plugin that can help you to reward customers and have them pledge their loyalty to your store.
Like the SUMO plugin, this one is packed with powerful features. One of these is the point-based reward system that ensures active users are rewarded for their patronage of your store.
For a transparent loyalty setup that customers can trust, the plugin provides customers with a view of the points obtained and what they need to redeem their target product.
- Point expiration with customer notification
- Complete control of points rewarded
- An all-encompassing point reward system
- Manage the point conversion
- A point log database
- Users can sign-up to be members with exclusive benefits for different levels of membership
- Leverage the membership opportunity to get more customers to buy
- Loyalty is given a boost as customers can friends and loved ones involved with rewards in focus
Best Free WooCommerce Points and Rewards Plugins
For those just testing the water in the reward for a loyalty scheme, the cost of licensing for the premium packages can be a challenge.
If your store is based on the WooCommerce platform, then you might want to take advantage of these free points and rewards plugins to understand how ‘loyalizing’ customers can help you.
Below are some of the best free WooCommerce points and rewards plugins:
Considering it’s a free plugin, this loyalty add-on is packed with features. Through the MyCred plugin, customers are rewarded for their patronage using different routes beyond just points.
Customers are ranked based on their participation and awarded badges following their valued contributions through reviews of products purchased.
While this plugin is free, there’s the opportunity to upgrade to the premium package with its perks and benefits.
- Uses points, badges, and ranks to reward loyal customers
- Account history has details on points acquired or lost by users
- Displays users with the highest points on a leaderboard
- Points are purchasable with real money
- Translation-ready platform
- Through the introduction of a leaderboard, users put in more work so they can make the top spot which translates to more money for your store.
- More cash inflow as users can buy points
- The transparent account history endears your store to the users.
Growing the online presence of your e-store is as easy as taking advantage of the giveaway and sweepstakes window. People are attracted to freebies, and this plugin can help you make the most of this opportunity.
Like most loyalty programs, this plugin lets you reward customers for specific actions, including buying products, reviewing already purchased products, and more.
- Has a rich referral program
- Help users celebrate memorable days
- Giveaways and sweepstakes can be launched
- Point-based reward to customers for using your store
- Control the points awarded for specific activities
- Get new customers through referrals
- Boost your social standing as customers spread the word on their social media pages
- Experience a surge in revenue as customers are engaged through points rewards
WooRewards is another free plugin that ensures customers are rewarded for their use of your store. You have control over the points rewarded for each task.
Besides the point-based reward system, you can use the WooReward plugin to create coupons for products and send them to customers for redemption through the mail.
- Administrative interface for coordinating the loyalty program
- Email compatibility
- Has a reward history for points accrued by users
- WPML compatible
- Can be upgraded to the WooRewards Pro with allied perks and bonuses
- The plugin creates coupons for you, sends them to customers, and this could land you more sales
- Improve engagement on your store
- User-friendly interface