Themes are essential for your websites. They beautify your pages and set the tone for your platform. No matter the kind of service you provide, a theme helps you showcase and promote your brand.
These days, there are many WordPress themes on the internet that you might not know which to pick. Not to worry, though! This article points out the best WordPress themes that you can use for your website. Keep on reading to see the options.
In case you want to build an online store then you should check the article with the best free WooCommerce themes.
What to Look for in a WordPress Theme
WordPress is the most used CMS out there and a lot of themes were developed for it, it is a huge market, and finding the right theme can be difficult sometimes. Below are some of the points that you should take into consideration when choosing the best WordPress theme for your website:
- Translation + Multilingual Ready – if your website is not in English you want to choose a theme that can be translated easely into your language. Not having this can be frustrating, that’s why you need to choose a theme that is translation and multilingual ready.
- Optimized for Performance – the theme you chose it should be fast and not slow down your website. All the themes in this article offer a good performance, so you don’t need to worry. For more on this you can check kinsta article or themeisle article.
- Theme Layout – design is very important and choosing the theme that has the design you thought about is very important, most of the themes have various options to customize them but you should choose the one that comes with what you like so you don’t need to do a lot of customoizations.
- Theme Features – the ideal theme should allow you to customize as much things as possible, for a better brand recognision every website should be made as original as possible. The perfect team should allow customizing the colors, category pages, headers and footers, blog pages, it has WooCommerce integration as later on you may want to add a store.
- Constant Updates and Security – keeping the theme up to date is important to benefit from latest features and also to have bug fixes. Also if a theme is not updated constantly you may have security issues because of the vulnerabilites. Don’t use a theme that wasn’t updated in the last 6 months.
Best WordPress Themes 2022 (Free & Premium)
Below are some of the best WordPress themes that you can use, all of them are multipurpose and highly customizable, most of them are offering a free version to start with and premium versions with complex designs that can help you build from a florist website to a gym or business website.
All of the themes are offering support for Page Builder if this is something that you want to use.
This is one of the most popular choices for people who want to turn their default WordPress site into a more beautiful and appealing platform. Kadence themes are excellent for all kinds of websites, and they are compatible with any plugin.
With Kadence, you can quickly build a fast and beautiful WordPress website that represents your brand presence. You will no longer have to spend long hours trying to customize a theme the way you want. This plugin outshines other popular options in terms of ease of use, free features offered, and full customization options.
There are a lot of good tutorials out there that can be found to help you build the perfect website.
- Create a relevant header for your website with a user-friendly drag and drop interface.
- Customize a perfect footer with a convenient drag and drop interface.
- Customize many details about your layouts, including the sidebar.
- An advanced color system allows you to choose colors and quickly change them site-wide.
- Settings to customize the color scheme on your website’s pages. From backgrounds to text colors.
- It offers global typography that lets you choose any google font or websafe font and customize the style, size, text-transform.
- Customize the way buttons on your pages look.
- Enable/disable, customize and choose the location of a scroll to top arrow on your site.
- SEO optimized.
- Enable breadcrumbs.
- Responsive controls.
Price: Free version and starting for $59 for one website
Blocksy is another lightweight but powerful free WordPress that can quickly transform your website into a masterpiece. The great thing is that the plugin doesn’t require any coding skills. It boasts being lighter and faster than almost every other WordPress theme out there.
Also, the plugin was designed to be compatible with the best WordPress page builders available. Blocksy provides user-friendly options that let you customize every aspect of your website in real-time. This allows you to build a theme lie you’ve imagined. Also, you can even create any header with an intuitive drag and drop builder and live options. In addition to five types of sleek archive layouts, Blocksy allows you to change the colors and backgrounds, and typography.
Blocky is similar to Kadence theme, just the free version comes with more features. The theme has also WooCommerce support so in case in the future, you want to add a store part to your website you can do this.
- Product Quick View.
- Ajax Add To Cart.
- Product Gallery Styles.
- SEO optimized.
- Integrated schema.
- Instant Customizations.
- One-Click Importer.
- Color Scheme Editor.
- Global Typography.
- Custom Widgets.
- Social friendly.
Price: Free and $49 for one website
OceanWP is another beautiful WordPress theme that provides you with powerful features at no cost at all. Not only does this theme beautify your WordPress website, but it comes with a built-in companion plugin and suggests that you install a free page builder plugin after activating the theme.
More so, this plugin is intuitive to use, so it’s ideal for everyone that has a WordPress website. In addition, OceanWP has tons of innovative features such as multiple layout choices, full-width pages, custom logo support, and two navigation menus on the top.
OceanWP has excellent compatibility. For example, you can use this theme to create a professional and organized WooCommerce store. Another reason the theme is perfect for your online store is that it is SEO-friendly. So, your website will enjoy more visibility on search engines.
The starter template DB is quite big and you can choose from more than 200. It will help you build the desired website in minutes and customize it after.
- Create custom headers, footers, and sections that you can quickly implement on single pages or a global level.
- Customize your page layout. Enable/disable theme sections easily.
- Comes with Ocean elementor widgets.
- No coding skills are necessary.
- Global fonts and typography.
- Seven customizable header styles.
- Three mobile menu styles.
- Shop and product page styling.
- Regular or multi-step checkout.
Price: Free and $37 for a single website.
GeneratePass is a “freemium” lightweight them that improves the speed, stability, and accessibility of WordPress websites. Where you’re a business owner, freelancer, or hobbyist, this theme will look great on your page. In addition, you can try out the free version of the theme to optimize your site for your visitors and search engines as well.
Additionally, the GeneratePress Premium can help reduce its time to set up your website the way you want. It offers several customization options, block-based theme building, and professionally designed starter sites. In addition, this theme helps boost your page speed score to 100%. It does this by maintaining small page sizes, 2 HTTP requests, and ensuring zero dependencies.
Furthermore, GeneratePass is highly compatible with all the top-rated plugins and page builders, so you don’t have to abandon any that you already use on your site.
- Design and create your theme elements in the block editor.
- More color, typography, spacing, and background image controls.
- Adds more flexibility and control to your WooCommerce store.
- Use the advanced hook system to add anything you need anywhere in the theme.
- Low-profile header for your mobile site.
- Secondary navigation with all options available as the primary.
- Off-canvas panel.
- Sticky navigation.
- Infinite scroll.
- Advanced layout system.
- Display your blog archive posts in a masonry layout.
- Display your blog posts with a custom layout.
Price: There is a free version, and GeneratePress premium costs $59 yearly.
Astra is another top-rated WordPress theme that is fully customizable to build the website of your dreams. It comes with a couple of demos to make it easier for you to use the theme. This allows you have your site running with just a click. If you use any demo, all that’s left for you to do is tweak the look to your satisfaction.
When using Astra, you can turn off the page title and sidebar. Also, it effortlessly integrates with top website builders including, Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. Astra is lightweight and user-friendly, so you don’t have to be an expert to use it. No matter the kind of website you own, Astra offers multipurpose themes you can use.
It has a impressive starter template database with more then 300, it’s one of the most used free theme.
- Optimized performance.
- Header Footer Builder.
- SEO friendly.
- Seamless WooCommerce Integration.
- Advanced styling options.
Price: Free and from $49
Hestia is a versatile WordPress theme ideal for business, blog, and magazine websites. Unlike many top-rated themes, Hestia offers free and paid versions of the theme. In addition, the theme works excellently with all major page builders and WooCommerce.
Hestia is an easy-to-use theme that doesn’t require any coding skills. It is also SEO-friendly and supports translations into other languages. In addition, this stylish one-page theme allows you to customize the theme exactly how you want it, all from the Live WordPress theme customizer.
Additionally, Hestia supports effortless integration with Gutenberg and other top-tier page builders such as Brizy, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, Elementor, Divi Builder, and SiteOrigin.
- Translation and RTL ready.
- SEO friendly.
- Live customizer.
- Video tutorials.
- Page builders compatibility.
- One-click updates and swift technical support.
- Mega Menus.
Price: There’s a free version, while the premium costs $69 annually for a single website.
Neve is a high-speed WordPress theme that fits all types of websites. The theme is packed with multiple starter sites with landing pages for different niches that you can easily import to your website. In addition, it provides custom layouts for the header and footer of websites.
Neve is fully compatible with most popular page builders, including Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, SiteOrigin, SeedProd, etc. Also, the theme fully supports WooCommerce and top plugins like Advanced Coupons. This means that Neve is an excellent choice if you want to create a unique online store that will outperform the competition.
- Customize and redesign the header and footer of the theme via drag-and-drop components.
- Control the website layout options.
- Lightning fast and fully customizable.
- Seamless integration with Gutenberg and popular page builders like Elementor, Brizy, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin, and Divi Builder.
- Global color palettes.
Price: A free version is available, and the premium version costs $69 annually for the personal package.
Next on our list is Zakra. This is another versatile, powerful WordPress theme that offers countless options to create your site to represent your brand in no time. Zakra is also one of the fastest, most secure, and SEO-friendly options on the market.
With over 65 templates, you will spend less time designing your website’s pages. Additionally, it provides Customizer and Individual Page Settings for you to make any changes conveniently. Zakra is a lightweight team capable of optimizing your website’s performance so that you can expect outstanding results.
Furthermore, Zakra supports WooCommerce integration. This allows you to customize your WooCommerce pages seamlessly. Finally, this theme was designed to fit all kinds of devices, so it looks good on any screen size. This means that your visitors can enjoy a beautiful view of your website on desktop or mobile devices.
- Compatible with page builders.
- AMP-ready for faster page loading on mobile devices.
- Excellent user support.
- WPML/Polylang and translation ready.
- RTL ready.
- Content demo available.
- Advanced typography.
Price: Free and you can purchase this theme for $69 annually for one WordPress website. However, there’s currently a 40% New Year offer.
According to creators Themify, Ultra is the most powerful and flexible WordPress theme they’ve ever created. One quick look at all its incredible features, and you’ll see why Themify thinks so. The theme has an innovative drag & drop builder that simplifies creating websites for businesses, WooCommerce stores, blogs, and magazines.
Ultra allows you to import a demo setup that contains various theme settings, menus, content, widgets, and so on. This can come in handy with your website projects. It also includes six header background options, 15 header/page styles, six-footer layouts, five single post layouts, six archive layouts, section scrolling, etc.
This premium theme also offers a library of 50+ complete pre-designed layouts with parallax landing pages and other great features by professional designers. This means that you can just modify one to your taste rather than start from scratch. Ultra also provides a bonus of 10 extra addons, including a countdown widget, pricing table, progress bar, and more.
- 60+ pre-designed layouts.
- Smart layout options.
- 17 header/page styles.
- Section Scrolling.
- Image filters.
- WooCommerce shop supports.
- Drag and drop builder.
- Demo import.
- Customize panel.
- Hook content.
- Auto theme updates.
- Google fonts.
- Customizable website logo text, or upload your logo.
- SEO optimized.
- WPML Compatible.
- MultiSite support.
Price: $59 annually.
This versatile WordPress theme is designed for freelancers, bloggers, and large or small business owners. The Authority Pro theme is built on the incredible Genesis theme framework.
This theme has many useful features such as a digitized homepage layout, customizable header, theme options page, etc. Additionally, the theme is optimized for WooCommerce and compatible with other top WordPress plugins.
- Accessibility ready.
- Customizable logo.
- Theme customizer.
- Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Genesis Framework.
- One-click theme setup.
- Pre-styled for Woocommerce.
- Mobile responsive.
Price: 360$ a year (in this money you can get wpengine hosting also).
Responsive Pro by CyberChimps is a fully customizable WordPress theme that’s mobile-friendly and fast even on slow networks. In addition, it is fully compatible with popular page builders, caching, forms, and SEO plugins. As a result, Responsive Pro works tremendously well on all WordPress websites.
Additionally, the theme offers ready-to-use templates, fully customizable design, custom layout options, and it supports WooCommerce stores. So whether you own a blog, store, or business website, this is an excellent choice.
- Beautiful Fonts.
- Custom Spacing.
- Unlimited Colors.
- Pro Ready Sites.
- Priority Support.
- Blazing Fast Speed.
- Header Footer Blog Page Content Sidebar Layouts.
- WooCommerce Layouts.
- Custom Mobile Menu.
- Drag & Drop Editor.
- Sliders & Carousels.
- Portfolio Layouts.
- Pricing Tables.
Price: $47 annually for one website.
Sydney is another excellent theme that offers free and premium versions to WordPress users. The theme is one of the top choices for blogs, magazines, and business owners. Also, Sydney is a beginner-friendly theme that doesn’t require aunty coding skills.
Additionally, the theme supports extra widgets, live customizers, and pre-designed templates. With these features, you get the ability to customize your website the way you want it to be. Additionally, Sydney is seamlessly compatible with WooCommerce. It is also translation-ready.
- 100% performance scores.
- Button styling.
- Ability to create custom typography.
- 18 complete starter sites.
- Contained or full-width menu.
- Transparent menu bar.
- Individual Page Controls and so on.
Price: Free version available. The Pro version costs $69 annually.
This unique one-page WordPress theme supports creativity, flexibility, and organization. It is ideal for freelancers, blogs, magazines, stores, business websites, and portfolios. OnePress is easy to use and adaptive to all types of devices and screen sizes.
Additionally, this theme is fully customizable, so you have the freedom to design your website in a way that represents your brand well enough.
- Theme customizer.
- Complete localization.
- SEO optimized.
- Page speed optimization.
- Custom page templates.
- Browser compatibility.
- Custom theme widgets.
That’s the list with the best WordPress themes that you can build your site. I have used most of them and they didn’t let me down. If were to tell which is my favorite I would definitely go with Kadence or Blocksy as they have a lot of nice features that lets you customize the site as you like. I am using Kadence on www.wpdoze.com and I am very happy with what has to offer.