No matter how organized your eCommerce store is, it’s always a good idea to continue focusing on efficient ways to keep your customers satisfied and boost your conversion rates. So, even while you may have beautiful High Definition product images, videos can capture the attention of visitors or customers more.
Statistics show that people are more likely to purchase items with product videos attached to them. This isn’t new information as many major shopping platforms like Amazon have included product videos for several years already.
However, the good news is that WooCommerce stores can replace product images with videos with the help of plugins. This article will discuss some of the best video gallery plugins available so you can add more appeal to your website.
While it is true that there are multiple video gallery plugins for WooCommerce on the internet, it’s not a good idea to just choose anyone you come across. There are several factors you need to consider before making a choice. These include:
What kind of layout do you have in mind? How would you like your product gallery to appear? If you have a specific idea in mind, ensure that you use a plugin to provide the layout you need. For example, some plugins provide a standard grid, masonry-style display, and others.
Do you have existing product videos on streaming platforms such as Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, and Dailymotion? The best product video gallery plugins allow you to embed videos from different sources or mix them. Also, you should be able to add self-hosted videos easily.
Another important factor to consider before choosing a product video gallery plugin is its multimedia support. Does it let you mix media in the gallery? If you are interested in showing videos alongside images and audio, you should ensure that the plugin supports it effectively.
Any plugin you are considering should be fully customizable. This allows you to customize its appearance and other settings in a way that suits your store’s appearance or functionality.
Here are the top choices you can consider if you want to add videos to your WooCommerce store:
The Product Video for WooCommerce is an excellent plugin that allows store owners to add beautiful videos to product pages. This provides customers with a clearer and more detailed view of the products they are interested in. For example, you can add videos that show how products work, possible combinations for fashion apparel, and so on.
With the Product Video plugin, you will be able to upload or embed videos on your WooCommerce store from Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube, Dailymotion, and Metacafe. Additionally, the plugin allows you to add one product video or multiple videos to your product pages. The plugin is customizable and allows users to display videos on listing pages. So, you can easily replace product images with videos and decide whether to play them as a pop-up or on the same page.
- Attach videos on any product page.
- Add a featured product video.
- Add multiple videos in the product gallery.
- Play videos – In-Popup, From Page, or Full Screen.
- Upload or embed videos from Youtube & other popular websites.
- Customize width and height of videos for both shop and product pages.
- Extensive configurations for embedded & self-hosted videos.
- Add thumbnails for videos.
- Upload videos in various formats such as MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, and many more.
- Choose from 2 video gallery styles (HTML5 LightBox or WooCommerce Style Gallery).
Price: $59 annually.
WooThumbs is another top-notch plugin that can help you customize your product thumbnails or even replace them with videos. The plugin allows you to customize your product gallery’s layout and add sliding thumbnails. WooThumbs is an ideal tool for making it easier and more fun for customers to navigate your WooCommerce store.
With WooThumbs, there’s no limit to how many videos you can add to the product gallery. You can even have a main featured video instead of an image. Additionally, WooThumbs supports unlimited image uploads to showcase main products or variations. So, if you’re interested in an amazing plugin that allows you to upload videos and customize your WooCommerce product gallery, WooThumbs is worth a try.
- Additional variation images for store owners to showcase multiple images per variation.
- Embedded video and media.
- Ability to customize all aspects of the image gallery, such as speeds, layouts, colors, etc.
- Compatible with all devices and supports pinch-and-zoom.
- Provides multiple zoom effects, including inner, outer, and follow.
- Customers can view images and embedded media in a full-screen, mobile-friendly gallery.
- Works perfectly with any well-coded WooCommerce theme.
Price: $79 annually for one website.
Images are a great way to showcase products instead of text descriptions. However, the YITH WooCommerce Featured Audio & Video Content plugin takes your media to another level by allowing you to add audio and video to your product gallery. So, if you’re selling music or other products that need video or audio content, the plugin has got you covered.
YITH WooCommerce Featured Audio & Video Content enables you to upload videos in MP4 format to your media library, and it uses the default video player, which is less distracting. Furthermore, the plugin provides controls for you to customize your videos. For example, you can enable AutoPlay, hide the player’s controls, and set videos on automatic loops.
This plugin is beginner-friendly, and it allows you to upload all your videos without any interruptions. It also supports video uploads from popular platforms, including YouTube and Vimeo.
- You can customize the video layout from the dashboard.
- This plugin also offers an option to enable/disable the autoplay feature.
- It allows you to add multiple audio and video files to the featured gallery.
- YITH WooCommerce Featured Audio & Video Content permits you to adjust the position of your featured video.
- It is WPML compatible, so users can freely translate pages into their native languages.
- Customize variable products contents.
- Customize the style of the control bar.
Price: A free version is available, and the premium version costs $66.9 annually for one website.
Add Featured Videos in Product Gallery is another superb WooCommerce plugin that allows you to show appealing videos on the shop and product pages instead of featured images. It works similarly to other top-tier plugins for adding videos to WooCommerce stores.
The plugin allows you to upload your videos directly or embed them from YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo. More so, the plugin doesn’t take away your ability to add pictures so that you can combine videos and pictures for your products. If you make a video your main image, customers will be able to play the video from the main store and category pages. The plugin also lets you add videos for product variations.
Lastly, you can add as many videos as you want, organize them in a gallery, feature them, and customize their thumbnails.
- Display a product video instead of a featured image.
- Add videos to a gallery via a link or file upload.
- Have both images and videos in the gallery.
- Embed YouTube, Dailymotion, & Vimeo videos.
- Display separate videos for product variations.
- Display product videos on the shop page.
- Enable launch video button on product & shop pages.
- Upload custom thumbnails for product videos.
- Lots of options to configure the plugin.
- Responsive design.
Price: $49 annually.
WooCommerce Product Video is another great plugin that allows you to add videos from multiple sources. The plugin helps you showcase your products to improve the customer experience and conversion rates of your WooCommerce store.
With this plugin, you can add videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion to your product gallery. Alternatively, you can upload your videos directly to your store. Additionally, you can make your uploaded videos the featured thumbnail of your products so that customers can enjoy a detailed view of your product.
WooCommerce Product Video plugin has a full video customization option that allows you to display videos on the shop page or product pages.
- Visual presentation of your products.
- Display Videos on Shop Page.
- You can use Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Selfhosted & mp4 Videos.
- Display videos on a single product page.
- Display videos on category pages.
- Enable & Disable video option on the shop or single product page.
- Shop Video Auto Play Functionality.
- Allow enable/disable Video Controls.
- Show Youtube Related Videos.
- Adding Video poster for self-hosted.
- Set Video Height & Width For both Shop & Single Product Pages.
- Awesome Fancy box for Product Gallery Images.
- Video Popups for Product Videos on Both Shop & Product Single Page.
WooCommerce Product Video Gallery is one of the best freemium plugins for WordPress that lets you add videos to your product gallery. With this plugin, you can add your videos just as easily as you add pictures for your products.
The plugin allows you to use a video as the main media for your products or just add it to the gallery. However, you are limited to only one video per product gallery. Nonetheless, WooCommerce Product Video Gallery comes with several wonderful features, and it is easy to use.
- Embed YouTube video to product gallery and images and video together in a single product gallery.
- Supports all types of YouTube video URLs.
- Display images and video together in a single product gallery.
- You can set slider layout (Vertical or Horizontal), Slider autoplay, Arrow enable/Disable for slider, Slider loop, Lightbox, Zoom, Arrow color, Arrow background color, and many other options.
- Add the URL of YouTube videos of the product in the specific field of the product configuration page, and your customers will get to watch something unique and customized.
- Adding Product Video and Instantly transform the gallery on your WooCommerce Product page into a fully responsive stunning carousel.
- RTL support.