How to Add Affiliate Links to WordPress Free
Want to make money from your WordPress website? Adding affiliate links to your WordPress site is a great way to do that. Affiliate marketing is an easy and inexpensive way to monetize your blog. It allows you to earn commissions by linking to products or services on your website. In this article, we will take you step-by-step through adding affiliate links to WordPress so you can take advantage of these opportunities.
Do you need help with your projects?
What are affiliate links?
Affiliate links are an effective way to monetize a website or blog. They allow content creators to earn a commission when their visitors click on the link and make a purchase. When a user clicks on this link, they are taken to an external website where they can make a purchase.
The affiliate program then pays you a commission for that sale. The amount of commission you receive depends on the affiliate program. There are many types of programs to choose from. Some have very low rates like 2% while others can pay up to 50%. It’s important to keep these links organised, short and branded with your domain.
Why use a custom affiliate link?
By using a custom link for your affiliate link you can:
- Make Changes Easily – In case the affiliate link changes, because of a partner or you simply want to recommend other things, using a branded link can help you do that.
- Be More Appealing – Using a custom link for your affiliate link allows you to personalize the link and make it more appealing to your audience. By customizing the link, you can make it more memorable and easier to share with others. This can lead to higher click-through rates and ultimately more conversions and commissions.
- Easy tracking – Custom links can also help you track your affiliate marketing efforts more effectively. By using a tracking tool or software, you can monitor the performance of your custom links and determine which marketing tactics are working best. This can help you fine-tune your approach and optimize your affiliate marketing campaigns for maximum success.
In addition, custom links can enhance your brand and build trust with your audience. When you use a custom link that includes your brand name or domain, it adds credibility to your endorsements and can help establish you as an authority in your niche. This can lead to stronger relationships with your audience and more loyal customers over time.
In this article we will see how we can do all this in WordPress with the help of a free plugin called BetterLinks, if you want to check out more about the plugin you can check it out: BetterLinks Review
Video With The Tutorial
How to Add Affiliate Links in WordPress
Let’s go through all the necessary steps and customize the affiliate links the way you want.
First thing to do is to install BetterLinks, to do that you just need to go to Plugin – Add New and search for BetterLinks. After that you just need to install and activate the plugin.
With the plugin installed, we can move and configure BetterLinks to add some default things. To do that we just need to go to BetterLinks in Settings as shown below and make sure you have the following settings as shown in the picture:
- Redirect Type: 307 – will use the browser not the server to do the redirect.
- Link Options – Nofollow and Tracking
- Link Prefix – here you can let the default or add your own custom think, it will be used when link will be build
- Activate: Disable Bot Clicks and Allow Instant Redirect
This settings will be used as defaults when you will add the link, and will make things faster.
3. Add The Affiliate Link
We have everything in order and now what we need is to add our first link, to do that we need to add a category first, from BetterLinks – Manage Links you can add the category:
Next hit the Add New Link and a window will pop up that will ask you for the details:
- Title: This will be the link name in Shortened URL
- Target URL: Here you put your affiliate link
- Category: here you choose the link category.
- Link Options and Redirect Type: as as the ones from default
4. Use The link in Article
Affiliate link is customised now and what we need to do next is to go and use this in our article. When you write the article you have 2 options to add it
WIth This you just copy the link from the BetterLinks – Manage links and add it in your article and buttons manually. This will be done as any link is added to an article.
BetterLinks is enabling the option to link a word with just a click to do that you will need to highlight the world and choose the link source and after just search for the link you want to add:
Now you have everything in place to properly add your affiliate links to WordPress, if you need to add more or change anything you just need to redu the process.
In conclusion, adding affiliate links to WordPress is a great way to monetize your blog or website. With the right tools and knowledge, anyone can start making money from their WordPress site.
It’s important to remember that you need an affiliate program and the appropriate plugin to add these links.
Finally, always remember to test your links before publishing them to make sure they work properly and go where they should.