Owning a WooCommerce store opens your business to many opportunities locally and internationally. This means that you’ll have to deal with customers that use various currencies. Unfortunately, WooCommerce isn’t designed to support multiple currencies right out of the box. This is why any eCommerce store that wants to offer and manage numerous currencies needs a plugin.
This article reviews the best multi-currency plugins for WooCommerce, highlighting some of their key features, and so on. Please keep reading for more details.
Do you need help with your projects?
Before you choose a multi-currency plugin, you should consider a couple of things. That way, you don’t end up with a plugin that can do what you need. Here are a few things you should check before selecting a multi-currency plugin:
One of the most important things to check before choosing a multi-currency plugin is its support for other languages. The whole idea of this type of plugin is to diversify your store’s audience by offering customers your product prices in their local currency, which means some customers may have different languages.
So, you should use a plugin that supports many languages as well. That way, your store can transform to a manner that different customers can understand, and they can also pay with their local currency.
It is also important to check the features that a multi-currency plugin offers because they don’t always have the most useful features. Therefore, it would be best to look out for important features such as automatic conversion rate, currency converter, ability to change currency based on users’ location, etc. This way, you’re not just going to be able to support multiple currencies, but you’ll be able to do so more effectively.
Now let’s look at the best multi-currency plugins:
This is one of the most awesome multi-currency plugins that you can use on your WooCommerce store so that it can support multiple currencies from around the world. Its multi-currency system will allow you to expand your business into international markets and show customers the cost of your products in their local currency. In addition, the plugin supports a long list of currencies, so many of your customers can benefit from the plugin.
Additionally, the YITH Multi-Currency Switcher for WooCommerce enables you to set specific currencies based on location, and it also lets you add a conversion rate manually or automatically. But, that’s not all! You can choose to hide some payment methods based on the customers’ currency.
- Enable unlimited currencies and set the default one.
- Enter a label to identify each currency.
- Set the currency position and the thousand separators for each currency.
- Choose to display a flag for the currency. You can use one of the icons included in the plugin or upload a custom one.
- Customize the style of the shortcodes (colors, flags, etc.) based on your design needs.
- Use shortcodes, widgets, and Gutenberg blocks to show a list of currencies and the switcher anywhere in your shop.
- Enable a sticky currency converter.
- Geolocate users and automatically display prices in their local currency.
- Disable some of the payment methods for users paying in a specific currency.
Price: $98.21 annually.
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is a beginner-friendly plugin with intuitive controls. It provides all the efficient features that you’d expect from top-tier WooCommerce multi-currency plugins. For example, it offers automatic currency exchange rate updates, the ability to set different prices for your products, and the ability to convert prices based on customers’ language and geo-location automatically.
So, the Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is ideal for anyone not ready to spend money on a multi-currency plugin. Additionally, it gives store owners more control and customer reach.
- Automatic currency exchange rates updates.
- Prices on a per product basis.
- Currency by country (i.e. by IP).
- Currency by language (i.e. locale).
- Option to revert to the original currency on checkout.
- Option to override currency by user-selected billing or shipping country.
- Various currency switcher placement and format options.
- Option to add currency switcher as widget or as shortcodes.
- Option to additionally change order currency by admin.
WooCommerce Multi-Currency is a beginner-friendly plugin designed to provide more than enough support for eCommerce stores to support multiple currencies and rates. With this plugin, the exchange rate can be set automatically or manually.
In addition, the WooCommerce Multi-Currency plugin automatically reads data about your customers’ geo-location and displays your product prices in their local currency. The plugin allows you to add a frontend currency switcher so that your customers can select the language they want.
- Add one or more additional currencies while you maintain the base prices in the store’s default currency.
- Round the prices after conversion.
- Add the conversion commission.
- Use the “price charming”.
- Customers can choose the currency using a sidebar widget.
- Users can view the prices recalculated automatically.
- Customers can pay in the selected currency.
Price: $99 annually.
CURCY WooCommerce Multi-Currency plugin is another wonderful plugin that’s worth considering. Your eCommerce store becomes a lot more user-friendly with this plugin because it provides multiple currency options for customers to choose the one they prefer. This also means the WooCommerce Multi-Currency plugin helps your store accept more than one currency as payment.
Furthermore, the plugin is flexible and is designed with many helpful features. For example, you can choose to automatically or manually set the exchange rate for your WooCommerce store. Additionally, WooCommerce Multi-Currency automatically recognizes customers’ geo-location and shows them product prices in their local currency.
- Ability to automatically detect the customer’s native currency based on their location.
- Customers can purchase products with their preferred currency on the checkout page.
- Ability to control the payment gateways of each currency.
- Exchange rates are automatically updated every minute or hour from reliable sources, including Google finance and Yahoo finance.
- Compatible with WPML.org and Polylang.
- Sleek and modern design that looks great on all devices.
Price: There’s a free version, and access to the premium features cost $32.
YayCurrency is a trusted currency converter and switcher. As long as you want to sell products to customers from different countries, it would help if you had a tool like this that shows prices in their local currency. This WooCommerce multi-currency plugin has all the professional features you’ll need for your store.
With YayCurrency WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher, you can be sure that your customers will view your product prices in their local currency. Also, the plugin allows customers to select the currency they prefer manually. Overall, this plugin’s abilities place it above other premium plugins in the market.
- Exchange rates are automatically retrieved from Yahoo! Finance and shown instantly without customers refreshing the page.
- You can easily tweak the symbol position, thousand/decimal separators, and the number of decimals for each currency.
- Set an individual conversion fee in a fixed amount or percentage.
- Multiple display options.
- Exchange rates are automatically recalculated via Yahoo! Finance.
- Complete compatibility with themes, page builders, and native WooCommerce payment methods.
Price: Free and $49.
Booster for WooCommerce is a suite of more than 100 WooCommerce plugins that improve your store’s performance on multiple fronts. This also includes Prices and Currencies, which display your products in different currencies and offer automatic exchange rates.
Like other options we’ve mentioned on our list, Booster provides automatic exchange rates, allows you to set different WooCommerce price formats for foreign currencies, and more. Additionally, this plugin is easy-to-use and doesn’t require any coding skills.
With Booster, you can have more control of your store’s finances, and you can use the other modules to boost other important aspects. What’s great is that you can conveniently access all the plugins features from a single dashboard.
- Set formula for automatic WooCommerce product price calculation.
- Display prices for WooCommerce products in different currencies.
- Automatic currency exchange rates for WooCommerce.
- Enter prices for WooCommerce products in different currencies.
- Add multiple currencies (currency switcher) to WooCommerce.
Price: $9.99 per month, billed annually.
WooCommerce Currency Switcher or WOOCS is another top choice that works perfectly on WooCommerce websites. It is a freemium plugin with various features for supporting multiple currencies and currency switching.
With this plugin, you can have any number of currencies on your store, and customers can conveniently choose their preferred currencies thanks to a frontend widget. Additionally, you can set the currency switcher on any position you want on your WooCommerce store via a shortcode or widget.
Furthermore, you can automatically set the exchange rates or manually spit yourself. This gives you more control over your prices and currency.
- Custom money symbols and price formats.
- Analytics to see which currencies are the most popular.
- Automatic currency setting based on each shopper’s geo-location.
- Set up currency rules on a per-product basis.
- Let customers switch between currencies easily.
- Shortcode and widget to display currency switcher.
- Automatic currency conversion.
- The customers are allowed to pay in their selected currency.
- Create and use your money symbols for your business logic.
Price: There is a free version and the premium version costs $32.
This is another great free multi-currency plugin that allows WooCommerce store owners to sell their products in multiple languages depending on your customers’ countries. Again, it is a free plugin that has a lot to offer.
The plugin makes use of WooCommerce’s inbuilt geo-location feature to pinpoint where customers visit your store. Additionally, it automatically shows the currency and price set for specific locations. You use real-time exchange rates to calculate prices or manually enter prices as a store owner.
- Country Switcher.
- Apply currency conversion to Flat and International Flat Rate Shipping.
- Compatible With WPML.