I have moved my website to rocket.net hosting and I wanted to share how you can do this for free with no downtime in couple of easy steps.
They are offering also a free service that can be used but I prefer to do this myself as it is easy. If you want more details about rocket.net and their performance than check the bellow 2 articles it will clarify everything for you:
Bellow are the main steps:
- Install WPvivid Backup and do a local backup for your website. This is a free plugin and can be used to backup your website. You just need to download the backup locally. I have used this plugin with websites of 3-4GB size and no issue.
- Go to rocket.net and add a website to their dashboard. This is straightforward, you just add the website with the user and password you want.
- Login to the new website and add WPvivid Backup plugin so you can restore it.
- Upload the backup and hit restore.
- In the rocket.net dashboard hit the Go Live button and follow the steps to add the DNS records to your DNS provider for the website (I am doing this with Cloudflare)
- Wait for 5 minutes to a couple of hours for the DNS changes to be propagated. For me, this was done in 5 minutes as this was the TTL for DNS.
This was all the steps you need to do, they are straight forward and works without any issues. I have made a video with everything that you can check bellow: