Last Updated on
A wiki-like website is ideal for those that like to interact with lots of people and build an authority voice on anything you want. From the titan Wikipedia to Wikitravel, Wikibooks, WikiHow and so on- you can get great examples of popular ways to develop such a site. Though it is similar to a blog, a wiki site allows multiple users to edit, comment and modify content- this is both helpful and challenging.
In this post, you can take a look at the Best WordPress Wiki Theme versions on the market.
Described as a Helpdesk/FAQ/Knowledge Base WordPress theme, TechDesk surprises with a clean and intuitive design. With a variety of features and widgets, it helps the user get a wiki- like website in no time, without requiring much technical knowledge or expertise.
- Higly customizable
- Unlimited Home page layouts
- Responsive, Minimalistic Design
- Custom Backgrounds
- Support RTL languages
- 5 Widgetized Areas
- 10 Custom Widgets
- Live Search
- SEO Ready
With a slick and responsive design, iKnowledge focuses, with style, your users’ attention on the content. The included rating system and post view counter helps you keep track of the articles popularity and your readers feedback.
- Easy to Use Theme Options
- 4 Color Styles: Default, Blue, Brown and Light Gray
- Custom Page Templates: full width and archives page templates.
- 9 Custom Widgets: Warrior Advanced Search, Warrior Author List, Warrior Latest Posts, Warrior Sticky Posts, Warrior Twitter, Warrior Video, Warrior Tabs, Warrior Ad Home
- One-Click Framework Update
- Advanced SEO Options
- Logo & Favicon Uploader
- Rating System
- Localized Translations
Knowledge Base is a great solution for a Wiki/ FAQ website. Fast and easy to set up, it has a clean and responsive backed up with helful features: live search, faq posts, contact form, custom widgets, unlimited color options.
- Responsive Design
- Unlimited Theme Colors
- 4 Custom Widgets
- jQuery TypeAhead Live Search
- FAQ custom post types
- WordPress 3.6 Compatible Theme
- Standard, Image and Video Post Formats
- Embed YouTube or Vimeo Videos
- Upload Logo, Favicon
- Translation Ready
- Analytics Integration
- Google Fonts
If you are looking for a clean design and sleek functionality, KnowHow is a great choice. It makes it easier for everyone to find what they are looking for and that is likely to boost your revenues and reduce the bouncing rate.
- Responsive Design
- Choose Your Own Theme Color (via Color Picker)
- Video Post Format Support (YouTube, Vimeo Embed & Self Hosted)
- Simple Unbranded Theme Options
- Multilevel Animated Navigation
- 2 Custom Widgets (Latest Articles & Popular Articles)
- Shortcode (Flexible Columns, Buttons, Alerts, Toggles,Tabs & Accordions) – Plus add shortcodes directly from the editor
- Great SEO Built-In
- Ready for translation (.po / .mo files included)
KnowPress is another great example of a easy to install and customize, database of articles on various topics. It allows an interactive experience: users can comment, answer one another, offer further information. The “quick edit” link, integrated into each page and the five different colors allows any user, no matter the level of expertise, set up fast a wiki like type of website and customize it.
- 5 color schemes
- Wiki/FAQ style design
- jQuery implementation on “accordion-like” toolbox and post excerpts
- Simple, clean design
- Featured articles display
- Latest articles display
- Tag cloud on homepage
Wikeasi is a simple looking, clean and intuitive wiki theme that offers shop facilities. Among some custom WP functionality the user can find helpful the table of content generators, a referencing system, auto-complete search facilities, ample navigation menu areas.
- Reference Management for easily annotating posts and pages
- Post Revisions
- Accordion-style Sidebar Menu
- Auto-complete Search Facilities
- Customised search box, including search suggestions and an AJAX “live” search, which displays results without leaving the page
- Table of Content Generators
- Custom Author Archive Template- detailed author archives, including an author biography and a list of contributions they’ve made (posts added, posts revised, media uploaded).
- Filter Content- Filter bar for re-ordering posts in the current view (homepage, archive, search) according to “most recent”, “most commented” and “recently modified”.
- Optional 3-Column Layout
- Custom Typography-full support for Google Fonts in the font selector.
- Custom Widgets
- Various Styling Options
These are some of the Best WordPress Wiki Theme examples on the market. If you tried any of them or you would like to add some other leave a comment below!