Last Updated on
Today, the market is afloat with numerous SSL WordPress Plugins. While choosing the ideal plugin is critical, deciding the best that meets your needs is an arduous task. The ideal SSL WordPress Plugin will come in handy to safeguard communication through a computer network.
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) is used instead of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) to protect your network from cybercriminals. This explains why many people are seeking for SSL WordPress plugins which come with distinctive flexibility and features. To help you choose the best plugin for your WordPress website, here are the ultimate SSL WordPress Plugins.
Understanding SSL Certificates
Secure Socket Layers (SSL) are protocols utilized on the internet to provide certificate data as well as protect data exchange over computers. These certificates guarantee users in terms of the website identity they are using to communicate. SSL is also known as TLS (Transport Layer Security protocol.)
In many advanced web browsers, users can easily click on the SSL icon shown on the address bar to verify identification, certification, and any additional information about a website. SSLs are not a preserve of websites as they can be utilized in SFTP, email, and other internet-based technologies. WordPress websites can gain from SSL by including an SSL certificate on their website hosting plan.
Today, there are numerous WordPress plugins which enable users to configure their SSL certificate information across their WordPress websites. Many websites have adopted SSL on their eCommerce websites and payment gateways. Users should be on the lookout and avoid entering their credit card or payment information on non-secure pages. Advanced browsers can display errors and often block execution of poorly secured pages on a website.
If you want to migrate from HTTP to HTTPS and introduce a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate on your WordPress website, the WordPress HTTPS SSL Plugin is designed to be an all-inclusive solution to allow TLS or SSL on WordPress websites. This plugin triggers WordPress to utilize HTTPS to generate an HTTPS redirection which converts HTTP to https automatically as well as gain access to pages within your website. The https encryption reinforces your website’s security. Using https websites will help your business grow and your website visitors will trust you more.
Get the two sites option for $29 and the 5 sites option for $59.
- The WordPress HTTPS SSL Plugin Pro comes with a wide variety of features to help you detect and change HTTP to https. Further, this plugin retains https access within your WordPress website.
- It comes with a dashboard displaying to you the status of SSL across your website, helping you know whether your connection is secure complete with an end to end encryption.
- The WordPress HTTPS SSL plugin comes with an inbuilt scanner to evaluate and embed unsecured content in your site.
- It also features; URL filters, auto detection of the status of your SSL, ability to utilize HTTPS connections, and URL mapping.
2. Really Simple SSL (Free and Paid)
The Really Simple SSL plugin is designed to recognize your settings and convert your site enabling it to operate over https. The developers of this plugin maintained minimal options to make the plugin is lightweight.
The Really Simple SSL Pro offers substantially mixed content scan, HTTP strict transportation security, and enables you to access premium support.
This plugin comes in handy to save you from prolonged working hours.
Get the single site for $26 and the unlimited option for $159
- A mixed content scan option which leads the way for you especially when you don’t have a green lock.
- Enables you to design your website for HSTS preload list
- You can activate the HTTP stringent transport security with this plugin
- It features a mixed content repairer for the back end
- The configuration page gives you extra feedback.
- Get email alerts when your SSL certificate is about to expire
3. WP Force SSL (FREE)
WP Force SSL enables you to deviate HTTP traffic to https with ease. You don’t need any code to execute this deviation. However, an SSL certificate is critical for the normal functioning of this plugin.
- WP Force SSL is an open source software which means that users can review performance standards and security with ease. Further, the software is regularly updated both by users and the developer community. Still, users are not obligated to adopt updated versions and can opt to use their preferred versions.
4. SSL Insecure Content Fixer (FREE)
SSL Insecure Content Fixer will help you clean up mixed content alerts and insecure content from your website’s HTTPS. The default settings of this plugin are activated once you install it in your system, enabling it to execute basic clean up and fixing tasks through the simple fix level. Choose extensive fix levels depending on what your website needs.
Choose the ideal mixed content fixer automatically
Auto configuration to host network settings.
5. Easy HTTPS Redirection
In order to use this plugin with ease, you should install an SSL certificate on your website. Further, ensure that the HTTPS is in good working condition. After installing the SSL certificate, ensure that your web pages use HTTPS only. This will go a long way to ensure that search engines also indicate your website’s HTTPS version.
With the Easy HTTPS redirection plugin, you can auto-configure redirection to the https form of an URL in the event someone attempts to access your website through the HTTP version. Assuming you use HTTPS URL for www.example.com/checkin, the plugin will implement the same for all users with the http://www.example.com/checkin version.
Such users, therefore, will be auto-directed to the https://www.example.com/checkin version. This means that all your visitors will be obligated to use the HTTPS version of your website.
- Automatically secure your website by implementing the HTTPS URL version on all your webpages.
- Implement load the static file through the use of HTTPS. Users who have used SSL for a long time have all their static files already fixed with HTTPS URL. However, if your website contains numerous static files already implemented in your pages and posts utilizing HTTP URL, you must change them. By failing to change, you expose your visitors to unnecessary SSL alerts
- Make use of the static file force load option that automatically uses the HTTPS URL to make your website ultimately adaptable with SSL.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you can use any of these SSL WordPress Plugins to improve your WordPress website.