Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and a long list of coins are getting more recognition globally. These days, almost everyone on the internet has a cryptocurrency wallet or knows what it’s all about. Cryptocurrencies have come a long way since the early days when people used Bitcoin to buy pizza as a joke.
Nowadays, many online platforms accept some form of cryptocurrency payment. However, if you are running a WooCommerce platform, you’ll not be able to accept crypto by default because it is not supported. Nonetheless, you can use an excellent cryptocurrency payment gateway plugin to fix the problem. It allows you to accept payments in multiple crypto coins with ease. In some cases, customers can make the payments directly to your wallet. This eliminates the usual third-party transactions, reducing transaction fees.
Furthermore, accepting crypto improves the security of your transactions. It also makes it easier to carry out international transactions and provides privacy and anonymity for your customers. There are many WooCommerce cryptocurrency payment gateway plugins, but you only need to use the best. We’ve listed our top recommendations in this article, so please keep reading.
Best WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway Plugins
Here are our top recommendations:
This is currently one of the most outstanding payment gateway plugins for WooCommerce. CryptoPay WooCommerce makes it a smoother process for getting paid with cryptocurrencies. It allows customers to pay directly to your crypto wallet for more convenience. There’s also no withdrawal fee, limit, or date.
This plugin is very much straightforward and effective to use. No coding is required. You can purchase a license for CryptoPay for an affordable price and enjoy all its incredible features.
- You can receive payments via crypto wallets supported by the plugin and all blockchain networks these wallets support.
- Pay with native money of blockchain networks or with tokens under these networks.
- Token-based discount identification feature.
- Get paid with your tokens, even if they are newly released.
- You can value your own private currencies against fiat currencies, which Currency Converter does not support, and get paid with your private tokens.
- You can easily activate or deactivate the wallets, networks, and currencies you want to accept payments from.
- The accuracy of the payments is checked through the explorer. After reviewing the sent address and the amount sent, it even confirms the payment process.
- Payment approvals are double-checked both on the front end and the back end.
- All transactions are recorded under the name of the “Transaction list” page. The data held are Transaction id, Chain id, Chain name, Cryptocurrency, Crypto amount, Order currency, Order amount, Sender address, and status.
- You can easily add, remove or deactivate the tokens you want to receive payment from the admin panel.
- The “Only logged in users can pay” feature allows visitors to visit shops and pay for products without registering.
- Once the payment is complete, you can choose what to update the product status.
- With Loco Translate, you can easily translate into any language you want.
- You can quickly move your settings with the backup system.
Price: The regular license costs $59
Next on our list is NOWPayments WooCommerce Payment Gateway for WooCommerce. This plugin allows store owners to accept payments in over 50 major cryptocurrencies. It is straightforward to set up and easy to use. In addition, it comes with various marvelous features, including ChangeNOW, which provides automatic conversions.
In addition, the plugin charges low transaction fees. This means you don’t lose a sizable amount of money in your transactions. NOWPayments works automatically, so you need to install the plugin, create an account, an API key, and it does all the heavy lifting.
NOWPayments ensures that every transaction is encrypted and private. No matter the kind of cryptocurrency your customers choose to pay you with, you’ll receive the coin you want. Furthermore, NOWPayments transaction fees are 0.5% and another 0.5% for automatic currency conversions.
- Start receiving crypto payments instantly.
- Support for more than 50 major cryptocurrencies.
- Easy integration.
- Encryption for sensitive information.
- Customers can choose the cryptocurrency they want to pay in. You can also convert payments automatically if you need to.
- Requires very little information for transactions.
Blockonomics is another highly-recommended plugin that allows you receive payments in crypto coins. This plugin will enable you to use Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and other popular cryptocurrencies as payment. This helps improve your WooCommerce store’s sales and customer satisfaction. In addition, it operates a decentralized payment processing system. So, you’ll get your money faster and easier.
Furthermore, it secures your finances with an encrypted invoice solution. Blockonomics also supports many wallets. You also get to save some money on withdrawal fees. However, you’ll need to create a Blockonomics account to use the plugin. Additionally, they charge 1% for transaction fees, but your first 20 payments are free.
- Receive funds directly in your online wallet account.
- All transactions are secure and safe with encryption.
- It only takes a few minutes to install.
- Zero fraud and chargebacks.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin (BTC) are accepted.
- Segwit compatibility enables the lowest transaction fees possible.
- It supports Mycelium, Ledger Nano S, Blockchain.info, Trevor, and other major HD wallets.
- Primary fiat currencies are also supported.
- Blockonomics will never receive customer data. All consumer information stays on your website to avoid having to worry about possible security leaks.
- The resource supports TOR website callbacks.
- The complete checkout process happens within your website/theme.
BTCPay is an effective WooCommerce Payment Gateway plugin that lets store owners receive direct payments with Bitcoins and Altcoins. It is a free, open-source plugin that doesn’t need an intermediary and doesn’t charge transaction fees.
Additionally, the plugin ensures the security and privacy of your payments. BTCPay doesn’t get any private key information. It also uses your xpub key information to create a new address for every invoice. This means that you only know the vital details of your WooCommerce business.
You can use BTCPay via a third-party host or self-host it on your servers. One advantage of the self-hosted solution is that it lets you integrate all the stores you want.
- Easy wallet integration, including hardware wallet.
- Professional, detailed invoices.
- Lightning Network.
- Many integrations and plugins, including WooCommerce, WordPress, API, and more.
This is another top-rated option that lets you implement a cryptocurrency payment gateway on your WooCommerce platform. Customers will be able to pay with popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.
CoinPayments.net Payment Gateway for WooCommerce is a free, open-source plugin. You’ll need to create an account with CoinPayments.net to get started. The plugin allows you to receive crypto payments to your wallet instantly.
This provider supports more than 2000 coins. This is more than enough options for customers to choose what’s best for them. However, CoinPayments.net charges a transaction fee of 0.5% for all incoming crypto payments.
- A variety of payment buttons can be easily implemented.
- Integrate CoinPayments payment or wallet APIs into your business for a custom crypto experience for your clients.
- Send your customers a link to complete a payment in crypto.
- Manage your account wherever you are with an easy-to-use mobile app.
- Accept crypto payments in person using a simple PoS interface.
- Automatically send payments to any crypto wallet you want.
- Safeguard your coins in a vault and lock them for as long as possible.
- Coins can be automatically converted.
- More than 2300 coins are available.
This payment gateway plugin lets store owners accept crypto on WooCommerce. This helps to increase your revenue and customers’ experience. You can easily set it up in less than five minutes and start receiving payments with any major cryptocurrencies. This is a good choice if you’re in the market for a free crypto payment gateway for your WooCommerce store.
In addition, this plugin makes it easier to process and settle payments without any volatility to your bank account in your local currency. All its exchange rates are in real-time. It also provides a variety of features such as BinancePay and Bitcoin Lightning. Some of these features help you pay less in transaction fees. Its withdrawal fee is 0.8%.
- No chargebacks or fraud.
- Supports BTC, ETH, USDT cryptocurrencies, and more.
- Dedicated support.
- Easy registration in WooCommerce.
- No setup cost or recurring fees.
- No hidden fees.
- Easy settlement to bank account & possibility to withdraw as crypto.
- Email notification for every transaction.
- TripleA dashboard access for detailed transaction information.
- Real-time exchange rates for crypto-to-local-currency conversion.
- A 0.8% withdrawal fee.
Crypto.com Pay Checkout is a reliable payment gateway plugin for WooCommerce. It is one of the best ways to receive crypto and be paid in crypto or fiat currencies. Although this plugin comes in last on our list, it still outperforms several other plugins.
Crypto.com Pay Checkout comes with several useful features. It also uses Crypto.org Chain as its optimized native blockchain solution. Thanks to this, the transaction flow between you and your customers will be hitch-free, secure, and cost-efficient.
- Accept cryptocurrency payments (including Crypto.com Coin, Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, Ripple, and more) from Crypto.com App users and other wallets’ users.
- Get settled in fiat currency via bank transfer or various cryptocurrencies.
- Price your products in your local fiat currency.
- Allow your customers to receive cashback (in Crypto.com Pay Rewards).
- No transaction or setup fees.
- Easily send invoices and manage payments using an intuitive, powerful dashboard.
- Customers can pay with 30+ tokens, including CRO, ETH, BTC, DOT, and DOGE.