Social engagement is crucial for any website and/or blog. Even though you create great content, if you make it hard for your readers to share it with their friends you’re doing it wrong. Compelling content with the adequate mix of marketing and the right social plugins can really boost your business and help you reach that much needed exposure. Without being too pushy, make it easier for your readers to share and comment on your website.
In this post I will gather Top Free Social Media Plugins for WordPress that can really help you make a difference.
This simple plugin shows the various networks that you use. Effortless to install and use, it has great reviews and a slick, elegant design.
- You can customize the order of the icons (each theme has its own order)
- Add your own social networks
- Widget mode
- Supports shortcodes
- You can also output number of Twitter followers and Facebook page likes
- Fully customize your HTML output
- Currently supports over 70 social networks.
This is a complex app to amplify your content and determine conversions across the web. Besides the social buttons that will connect you with the majority of social networks, it provides related content exposure and a social analytics area where you can see how you content is doing, who shares it/likes it etc.
- Option to display share counts
- Works great with WordPress, Tumblr, Drupal, Shopify and more.
- Support for shortcode placement.
- Social analytics reports
- Related content dispaly
SumoMe provides the tools you need to grow your blog by engaging your readers. Highlighter makes it easy to tweet about your article by selecting popular parts of your writing (like Kindle and Medium); ImageSharer makes it simple to share your images (with a link to your post) on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter; while the List Builder tool in this plugin will let you create a fancy lightbox popover to build email subscriptions (for MailChimp, GetResponse, Aweber, or others).
- Easy integration with any WordPress theme
- Simple email integration with MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor
- Total control over which growth features to enable
- Easy sharing on Twitter
- Customize templates to make your email popup look amazing
- See gravatars of your most recent email subscribers
- Highlighting of popular Twitter sections (like Kindle and Medium)
- Popover that significantly increase email subscribes
- Custom email subscription popover timing
- Optional smart email popover timing (like Exit Monitor)
- Customizable email subscribe box wording and colors
- View email subscription statistics for all time
- Easily add Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest sharing to your images
- Share count shows how often people share your images
- Smart Bar to ask for emails at the top of your website.
- Heat maps so you can visually see where your visitors are clicking (or not)
- Share app – Get more traffic to your site with these super easy to setup share buttons!
StoreYa- WooCommerce Shop to Facebook
StoreYa is an amazing Social commerce platform that automatically imports web stores onto Facebook, having them fully customized to fit both the Facebook arena and the original brand’s look & feel. StoreYa can also automatically import all of your social networks activities from Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube onto Facebook.
- Group Deal – a marketing tool enabling you to have your fans attracting their friends to join a specific deal that will only take place if certain amount of users, defined by you, joins it.
- Scratch & Win – an innovative marketing tool enabling you to get straight to your fans’ newsfeed where they ‘hang out’ in a fun and incentivizing way. This tool allows your fans to win coupons by playing a game of scratch cards.
- InstaGallery – enables you to have your customers tagging your store in their Instagram photos, making them feel a part of the store community while spreading your word to their friends.
- Coupon Pop – Boost your website conversion rate and increase your fan base and email lists by popping up special offers to your visitors.
- Like Box – Adding a Like Box to your online shop will help you increasing your Facebook fan base.
- Fan Gate – Using the Fan Gate tool will help you increasing your fan base by enabling you to offer coupons and discounts in return to liking your page.
- Twitter Tab – Display a feed of your tweets within a tab on your Facebook page.
- Pinterest Tab – Display your Pinterest boards on Facebook – Your fans would love that.
- YouTube Tab – Display a Youtube channel on your Facebook page, keeping your fans engaged with your page.
- Instagram Tab – Display an Instagram tab on your Facebook page, and add a great added value to your fans.
Smart Layers by AddThis
This plugin offer your visitors easy-to-use buttons to engage with your content. These social sharing buttons overlay your site so not to disrupt the design.
- Add share buttons/follow buttons
- Recommend additional content
- Turn layers on/off and customize them with three different themes––light, dark, and transparent
- Drive engagement by showing your visitors the right social networks and best content to continue engaging them with your site.
- Don’t miss out on your Analytics! Be sure to register so you can keep track of how Smart Layers works on your site, and get to know your audience.
Floating Social Bar
Supporting only the major socials networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest) the Floating Social Bar provides a light-weighted, eye-catching solution.
- Slim and Fast
- It allows you to drag-and-drop the social buttons that you want to display
Popups – WordPress Popups Plugin
The new Popups plugin can display multiple popups. It is a great way to increase your social followers, your mailing lists by adding a form like MailChimp or to display any important message in a simple popup.
- Choose from 5 different popup locations
- Trigger popup after X seconds or after scrolling % of page
- Auto hide the popup if the user scroll up
- Change font color, background, borders, etc
- You can also configure background opacity.
- Days until popup shows again
This is an inspired combo of Facebook LikeBox + Facebook Recommendation Bar functionality with a lot more Options.
- Official recommendation Bar Plugin added
- Option to Show/Hide Faces
- Option to change Background Color
- Option to change Border Color
- Uses Official Facebook APIs.
- Facebook Like Box Plugin Integration.
- Facebook Recommendation Bar Plugin Integration.
- Show Like Box on any Page or Post.
- Show Like Box in Sidebar/Widget Area.
- Option to specify Width, Height, Number of Connections, Stream, Heading for both Sidebar and Post/Page widget.
Facebook Comments WordPress Plugin lets you easily integrate Facebook Comment below the content of any post or page within your WordPress site.
- Easy to install and Use
- Easy to customize
Like Gate allows you to reveal some hidden/secret content when the user likes the article. All you have to do is insert some content between tags and that information will be shown after the like. This could be an image, a link to download something(an ebook), a YouTube video (using iframe).
- Easy to install and use
- You can optionally provide a “Skip” link if you want the user to have the option to activate without having to click “like”.